The Helpdesk Staffing Manager will be responsible for development of our team including the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and initial training. As needed will act as the Supervisor on Duty, managing the current calls, emails and tickets, to ensure helpdesk staff follow the required processes to resolve issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creation of online training curriculum using PowerPoint and iSpring software. Work with subject matter experts through the company to develop trainings for Helpdesk professionals. Implement a Learning Management System then use it to monitor the completion and performance of said training. Recruiting of Support staff.
- Work with Human Resources to posting job openings on appropriate job boards, communicating with appropriate recruiters, attending job fairs, reviewing applicants, scheduling and performing interviews, making formal employment offers. Tasks include: informing HR of terms of hire, working with internal IT to ensure new hire has necessary equipment, software, and systems access, familiarize with Deep Blue facility, and acclimate to culture. Ensure all initial paperwork is complete and submitted. Review policies and procedures. Provide detailed description of required job duties, explanation of networking, and client overview, as well as training required to begin performing job role.
- Supervisor on Duty responsibilities as needed. Manage incoming calls, tickets, emails, and helpdesk personnel. Maintain an overall knowledge of current escalated issues. Possess a broad understanding of Deep Blue’s clients and their specific technical requirements.
- Understand current status of key performance indicators and work with Director of Customer Support to improve team performance in regard to key metrics
- Communicating with end-users and your helpdesk team to properly escalate issues that require further technical analysis
Experience and Educations:
- 5+ Years of management experience
- 1+ Years of providing tech support
- 2+ Years’ experience in a dedicated network support environment
- Associate’s degree in an IT related field
- Experience working with an escalation process
- Strong computer skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- High level of professionalism