Under the direction of the Project Implementation and Logistics Manager, the Network/ISP Purchaser is responsible for coordinating and ensuring all necessary equipment for wireless network installs, reaches the project site, on time for installation. This role is responsible for ensuring minimum inventory levels are reserved. The Network/ISP Purchaser will also setup new and update existing ISP accounts for clients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for ordering all equipment necessary for wireless network installations by keying Purchase Orders into NetSuite and sending Purchase orders to Vendors.
- Reviewing Sales Orders to ensure that all equipment costs are reported.
- Maintaining minimum stocking levels for remediations and internal use.
- Communicating any supply chain issues with all necessary parties including but not limited to, contractors, project managers, configuration team and Deployment Engineers.
- Tracking both inbound and external shipments to ensure that they will arrive by strict deadlines. When issues do arise, the Purchaser is responsible for reaching out to vendors and the shipper to investigate and resolve matters.
- Send tracking reports for shipments to contractors and Deployment Engineers.
- Create part activity reports and communicate them to vendors to help prevent back orders.
- Assist the accounting team in Monthly Job Profit and Loss reports by answering any questions that they may have and investigating budget variances.
- Work with the Accounts Payable team to resolve billing discrepancies with vendors.
- Work with Internet Service Providers (ISP’s) to set up new accounts for clients, including scheduling the installation.
- Review current customers’ bandwidth and make recommendations when changes are needed. Also, upon client requests, work with ISP’s to upgrade bandwidth.
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems with a sense of urgency
- Ability to multitask
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Computer science or related degree.
- 0-2 years’ experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position
As assigned by direct Supervisor