Job Description: Deep Blue Communications is looking for an experienced Senior Field Engineer to join our growing team. This position will focus on large network implementations for both indoor and outdoor venues. Extensive experience with layer 2 switching and enterprise grade wireless networking is required. Additionally, the Senior Field Engineer will work to define project plans, follow company defined and industry standard network security practices, and make high level technical decisions. This position requires approximately 50% travel.
- 5+ years working with industry standard switching hardware (Cisco/HP/Brocade/other)
- 3+ years Wi-Fi implementation and management (Ruckus/Cisco/Aruba/other)
- Strong working knowledge of subnetting, VLANs, LACP, ARP, CDP, etc.
- Experience with use of SNMP based network management software
- Understand the use and limitations of copper and fiber for infrastructure design
- Excellent understanding of 2.4GHz and 5GHz channelization
- Strong troubleshooting skillset to diagnose issues during network deployment
- Ability to interpret low voltage diagrams and network topology design documents
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
Skills / Qualifications:
- Previous use of Fluke AirMagnet or equivalent RF survey/planning software
- Education or certification in related field
- Full Time Permanent
- Travel – Approximately 50%