Under the general direction of the Deployment Manager, the Configuration Technician position helps organize the network deployment for all installs. Responsible for configuration, organization, and initial setup of network hardware and operating systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for configuration, organization and initial setup of assigned networks
- Solve technical issues. Maintain a degree of proficiency on new and existing hardware configurations as well as new and existing network designs
- Work independently to configure to technical standards before shipping equipment
- Communicate escalations with supervisor and interdepartmental co-workers in a professional manner including appropriate written and spoken language
- Strong ability to create documentation for end users
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Ability to Multitask
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Overtime on weekdays may be required as job duties demand.
Preferred Education and Experiences
- Understanding of physical network topology to build core equipment networks on the bench
- Intermediate experience with InterMapper
- Understanding of network protocols and standards
- Some experience with HP, Cisco, Brocade, ZyXel, Ruckus, Aruba
As assigned by direct Supervisor
Deep Blue Communications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Deep Blue Communications complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.