The primary responsibility of this role is to provide complex engineering solutions to Deep Blue clients. The Network Engineer will be responsible for several functions related to large network implementations as well as ongoing compliance and support escalations. This position will work to define project plans, assist in solution design and recommendation and follow company defined and industry standard network security practices. The Network Engineer will make high level technical decisions. This position works closely with various other departments within Deep Blue.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide network engineering solutions to meet client needs
- Interface with Deployment Engineering and Technical Support teams to assist with solution delivery
- Onsite engineering installation supervision for large projects
- Onsite engineering solution delivery for existing projects
- Assist in creating and supplying technical standards documentation to other departments within Deep Blue
- Remains current on all Deep Blue standards and individual brand standards
- Performs periodic customer network compliance checks and engages with Proactive Support to develop relevant checkpoints for performing network audits
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of wireless, switching, firewalling and authentication services
- Facilitate subject-specific training sessions or content for use by other technical teams
- Strong knowledge of networking and Wi-Fi
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Thorough documentation skills
- Proficient typing skills (directly related to the documentation aspect)
- Accountability and ownership of work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Time management
- Decision making skills
Not applicable to this position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
A minimum 30% travel is expected.
Preferred Education and Experiences
- 4+ years working with industry standard switching hardware (Cisco/HP/Brocade/other)
- Or 2+ years with current Industry Associate Level Certification (i.e. CCNA / JNCIA)
- 4+ years Wi-Fi implementation and management (Ruckus/Cisco/Aruba/other)
- Or 2+ years with current Industry Associate Level Certification (i.e. CCNA / JNCIA / CWNA)
- 3+ years firewall implementation and ruleset management (Juniper/Zyxel/other)
- Or 1+ years with current Industry Associate Level Certification (i.e. CCNA / JNCIA)
- Strong working knowledge of subnetting, VLANs, LACP, ARP, CDP, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Experience with use of SNMP based network management software
- Excellent understanding of 2.4GHz and 5GHz RF technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skillset to diagnose issues during network deployment
- Ability to interpret low voltage diagrams and network topology design documents
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Previous use of AirMagnet, Ekahau, or equivalent RF survey/planning software
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
As assigned by direct Supervisor
Deep Blue Communications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Deep Blue Communications complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.