Good racetrack Wi-Fi makes betting easier for patrons, and produces shorter lines and more betting. Is your track taking advantage of it? Deep Blue was able to support 10,000 concurrent users at Saratoga Race Course.
Race courses have lately been adding WiFi service to their venues, and have reaped the reward from increased handle, happier patrons and better guest experience. With new gaming venues opening each year, racetracks must offer new and exciting ways to keep fans happy.
So Much More than Just WiFi
Racetrack WiFi allows access to email, web, and social networking sites for patrons to share their day at the track with friends – with the added features like on-track betting and advertising for promotions and specials – helping increase customer engagement and revenue.
From using WiFi and geofencing technology, to monitoring traffic on the backstretch, to using Google Glass to give the customers the virtual experience of a jockey in a race – with WiFi at your racetrack, the sky is the limit.
Why consider Deep Blue for your Racetrack WiFi?
- Deep Blue has experience designing WiFi networks at some of the nation’s most prestigious racetracks
- 10+ years WiFi design experience
- Enterprise, best-in-class Ruckus Wireless equipment
- Location-based services implementation
- Fully scalable network to allow increased bandwidth as need increases
- Customized authentication solutions with social media
To date, Deep Blue has installed WiFi at some of the nation’s most prestigious tracks, including Saratoga Race Course, Monmouth Park, and Sam Houston Race Park. Although every network is customized to meet the specific requirements of each customer, here are some of the ways these racetracks are using their WiFi networks:
- Allowing customer to securely use their devices to make wagers
- Incorporating handheld scanners at admissions
- Managing data within the Internal network and Press Network
- Seamlessly integrating 3rd party providers like food service
- Convenient Guest access
- Targeted promotions using social media
The equipment that Deep Blue Communications installed also gives racetrack management the ability to see what sites their patrons visit most often, and restricts access to those sites as necessary. Each network is fully scalable and flexible enough to allow increased bandwidth to fully meet patron’s data requirements as the popularity of the mobile wagering platform continues to increase.